Social media and interior design are not two things that would traditionally go hand-in-hand. However, with TikTok quickly becoming one of the most valuable marketing trend-spotting tools on the internet, it is completely necessary to start looking at different social media platforms and how they can inspire your work and help you to stay in front of emerging trends.
How can socials inspire you?
Well, for starters, you can get a quick glimpse into what people are really loving right now and start to consider how you can work those trends into your own designs. Secondly, social media is a great way to see how other designers are approaching specific design challenges.
By following industry leaders and influencers on social media, you can quickly learn about new products, materials, and solutions that you may have otherwise never discovered.
Which social platforms should you be using?
When it comes to deciding which platform to use, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. For example, if you want to find out about the latest trends then TikTok is a great place to start. However, if you are looking for more classic inspiration, then Pinterest or Instagram might be better suited.
- Pinterest – this is still one of the most popular social media platforms for interior designers, with over 175 million monthly active users. The platform is perfect for mood boarding and collecting ideas in one place. You can create boards for different projects, clients or even just general inspiration.
- Instagram – Another great platform for interior design inspiration is Instagram. This visual platform is perfect for finding new products, designers and projects to follow. You can also use the search function to find specific hashtags that relate to what you are looking for, such as #interiordesign or #homedecor.
- TikTok – TikTok might not be the first platform that comes to mind when you think of interior design inspiration, but it is a great way to see what is trending in the design world. It actually has a massive impact on real-world trends – with 98% of interior trends that go viral on TikTok leading to increased search volumes for the trends on Google. You can find everything from product recommendations to DIY tutorials. Plus, it’s a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest trends.
- Reddit – Reddit is a great platform for finding interior design inspiration as it has a huge range of subreddits (topic-specific forums) that you can follow. For example, r/InteriorDesign is a great subreddit to follow for general interior design inspiration.
- Twitter – Another great way to use social media for inspiration is following interior design hashtags on Twitter. This can be a great way to find new designers, products and projects to follow. Plus, it’s a great way to stay up to date on the latest trends.
Using a mixture of these platforms is a great way to ensure that you are always inspired and up to date with the latest trends. Plus, it’s a great way to build up your own personal brand and following.
Most popular interior trends
Some of the most popular hashtags include:
- #interiordesign – This hashtag has over 11 million posts.
- #homedecor – This hashtag has over 22 million posts.
- #interiordesigner – This hashtag has over 650,000 posts.
- #designinspiration – This hashtag has over 600,000 posts.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to using social media. With social media, there is an endless amount of inspiration. Following these hashtags will help you to discover a whole world of interior design inspiration on social media.
Some of our favourite accounts to follow on socials for inspiration are:
- @studiomcgee – This account has over three million followers and showcases the work of Studio McGee, a top interior design firm.
- @amberinteriors – This account has over a million followers and showcases the work of Amber Lewis, a well-known interior designer.
- @greigedesign – This account has over fifty thousand followers and showcases the work of Ashley Greige, a popular interior designer.
These are just a few of the many, many interior designers with inspiring social media accounts. By following them, you’ll be sure to get your daily dose of design inspiration! And who knows, maybe you’ll even find your next favourite interior designer.
Get ahead of trends
So, there you have it – some of the best ways to use social media for interior design inspiration. make sure you are following the right accounts and using the right hashtags to ensure that you are getting the most out of your socials.